Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Who Am I?

There are plenty of people who know certain things about me, and then come to conclusions about who I am. I defend myself as much as I can, but with Twitter's character limit, I'm hopelessly stuck in an assumption about my personality, my motives, and what I stand for. Regardless of who's reading this, I'm setting the record straight as what I'm all about.

Well the basics include that I'm Jon, a 19-year-old Penn State sophomore majoring in broadcast journalism. This major leads me to talk about sports all the time, as it (hopefully) will become my occupation. Of course I do have some biases. I am a New England native, and I grew up in Foxboro Stadium with the New England Patriots, and the closest MLB team being the Montreal Expos. The Expos were the first major league team I ever saw in person. These would be the teams that I call "mine." Now if you've known me in the recent past, you would know that I am the anti-Philly fan that everyone hates. But the thing that most people don't know, is that I have nothing against the teams themselves. I have great respect for guys like LeSean McCoy, Claude Giroux, and...actually I don't really like any of the Phillies, save for former Phillies great Marlon Byrd. But the reason I always root for those teams to lose is the fans. A lot of Philadelphia fans are the most brutal, unintelligent, and fake fans I could imagine. They are far too critical, can't argue objectively, and bail on their teams in times of crisis. I have expressed all of this even to my own friends, and it upsets them, but as a journalist, the truth is important. I can't stand to see these people celebrate anything.

So that's the story behind my opinions. If I want to argue with you, it's because I want to see where your fanhood really is and what you know, so if you refuse to argue your thoughts, I'll automatically assume that you don't really know what you're talking about. I encourage you to speak your mind and it's very productive in the end. But if you keep quiet, then I'll assume that you are one of those idiot fans, until you prove me wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment